Thursday, August 26, 2010

Aging Gracefully

First up this week we have Ngan from eNVe Designs with her Ancient Earth necklace. This one-of-a-kind beauty, which is one of Ngan's signature wrap and thread necklaces, is made from antique bronze, petrified green opal and a vintage Italian brass key. Gorgeous!

Next up we have Kristin from loveartstudios with her favorite portrait shot she's ever taken, Taos Pueblo Elder. It's an incredible picture and I love Kristin's recollection of that day: "It was a glorious Spring morning in Northern New Mexico and I was avidly exploring the ancient beauty of the historic Taos Pueblo.... I came around a corner and sitting next to a pile of chopped wood, resting in the warm morning sun, was this gentleman, a Taos Pueblo Elder.... We spoke a while, his English was slow and somewhat unsteady, and then he asked me if I would like to take his picture. I only took one shot out of respect for the old ways and I think it shows exactly what he would have wanted."

Our third entry comes from Joe (nice to see a fella around here, isn't it?) of Prospero's Bookshelf. Joe entered With a Feather on My Nose by Billie Burke, one of the vintage books in his shop. Not only has the book itself aged gracefully (it's a First Edition 1949 print!), but this memoir also traces the life of an actress (you might recognize her as Glinda from The Wizard of Oz) as she too ages gracefully!

Jean from 3squares is next with her Wild Mushrooms copper collage necklace. Jean gives a great description of it: "A wild and crazy diva is featured in a collage print, surrounded by a hand-cut brushed copper frame." I love the vintage feel of this piece!

1 comment:

  1. entries show aging gracefully in a wondrous way..as Kristin might say!

    ReplyDelete